Examples of Work:
· Provides Tier I Help Desk support to users taking requests over the phone or online.
· Utilizes the Help Desk tracking software tool to log the status of all calls.
· Consults and conducts information assessments to determine user(s) needs.
· Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone for issued Personal Computer (PC) software and hardware.
· Coordinates and ensures the standard implementation of policies, procedures and systems operations with local computer support personnel.
· Writes and/or maintains up-to-date documentation for basic hardware and software installation and support procedures.
· Assess effectiveness of hardware, software, and communication performance.
· Ensures equipment is meeting user needs.
· Analyzes and resolves hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
· Monitors the hardware to ensure it is properly maintained.
· Conducts on-going system audits to evaluate the utility and efficiency of the system’s hardware, software, and communications components and the effectiveness of user training programs in meeting management information needs.
· Installation and configuring of PC’s throughout departments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of computer processing operations, procedures, and equipment.
· Knowledge of problem-solving techniques.
· Knowledge of computers and software.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming and/or computer systems analysis.
· Ability to process information logically and solve problems.
· Ability to develop training programs related to users’ operations and procedures.
· Ability to monitor and resolve problems with computer system components.
· Ability to identify and define user task needs.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
· Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
· Thorough knowledge of pertinent principles, practices, methods, materials, tools, and equipment applied in computer operations.
· Experience in installation and configuring of PC’s, printers, monitors, modems, scanners and other peripheral equipment.
This is a long-term temporary position located in downtown Pensacola. Great opportunity for college students, recent college graduates or retirees pursuing/possessing a relevant degree, or experience. Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm (hours can be flexible); $13/hr.
MUST SUBMIT RESUME/PASS BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $13.00 per hour