An employee in this class operates automotive equipment requiring a fairly high degree of skill and manipulative ability. On certain specific assignments employee is closely supervised; however, on routine assignments supervision is general in nature. An employee in this class may exercise supervision as a lead worker for a small group of semi-skilled or unskilled workers.
Example of Work may include, but isn’t limited to:
- Checks equipment for routine servicing needs and provides minor maintenance work when required
- Operates a backhoe, tractor, and jackhammer on a utility construction crew
- Operates hydro-lift, trenching machines, and tapping machine
- Operates a hydro-jet and rod truck
- Runs paint machines for the purpose of striping streets and parking lots
- Drives and operates a vac-all, removing leaves and trash from basins
- Lays and repairs pipe in utility construction work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of several kinds of complex automotive equipment
- Considerable knowledge of the operating principles of automotive equipment used on various jobs
- Knowledge of the traffic laws of Pensacola and the State of Florida
- Ability to operate automotive equipment efficiently and safely
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructiions
- Ability to operate light equipment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the public
- Possess a Class B CDL
Mental and Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to hold or feel, reach with hands and arms, walk, talk, smell and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, crouch and crawl. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee regularly lifts and/or moves up to 50 lbs and occasionally lifts and/or moves 100 lbs.
Employee is exposed to outside weather conditions, occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and has a risk of electrcal shock. The noise level may be loud.
This is a long-term temporary position. Monday – Friday 7 am – 3:30 pm; $12 – 12.62/hr.
MUST SUBMIT RESUME/POSSESS CLASS B CDL/PASS BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN