The bookkeeper is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of five locations. This role will manage all aspects of the practice’s financial process including: general ledger, journal entries, payroll, issue financial statement, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. The bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
- Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Produce financial statements and track key metrics, and forecast depreciation, profit and loss.
- Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Classifies, records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Process payroll for five locations using Paychex.
- Receives, records and banks cash, checks and vouchers.
- Works with outside CPA firm to prepare financial statements and tax returns.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly tax returns.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Codes documents according to company procedures.
- Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business is preferred or equivalent experience
- 7 – 10 years’ experience handling full cycle of accounting duties; extensive experience with financial statements, bank reconciliation, financial management, and general bookkeeping. Experience with a dental or medical practice is preferred.
- Understanding of billing of claims for services through insurance for third party reimbursement
- Prior experience processing payroll preferably with Paychex
- Proficient in Excel and Word. Expert in QuickBooks. Knowledge of practice management software such as Dentrix is a plus
- Thoroughness and detail- oriented required
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Understanding of accrual based accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
MUST SUBMIT RESUME/PASS BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN